Learn the difference between 2D and
3D vision with a fun 3DuxDesign experiment
How Different Animals See
Learn how and why herbivores
and carnivores see the world
Make some Animals and a Zoo
Create some animal characters and design a zoo with cardboard
To print this activity simply drag the sheets in the tabs below onto you desktop
- The BackgroundLearn about 2D and 3D
- Test your 3D visionWith a fun Experiment
- Let's PlayMake some Characters
- Let's BuildMake a Zoo
- Share your Ideassend us pics
- You'll need:
- scissors (always cut cardboard with help from an adult)
- crayons, markers or paint materials
- any 3DuxDesign architecture kit OR 3DuxDesign connectors + recycled cardboard (try the power house if your feeling energetic)
- print some 3DuxBucks and admission tickets if your expecting visitors to the zoo!
1. Send photos of project plus any sketches, brainstorming ideas, work in progress. Even "mess-ups" are great for sharing!
2. Include written description or drawings if available
3. Video presentation with link to youtube or vimeo
* any photo/video with child needs signed release (drag onto desktop, fill out and return photo of signed document)
5. Share your post on Facebook and/or instagram with tags @3duxdesign , @billionboxproject , @3duxuniversity
The 3DuxDesign Team was thrilled to discover the wonderful book, Creative Children Like the Animals of the World. It beautifully blends the arts, open-ended creativity and literacy with STEM concepts in an engaging story. We are thankful to Michelle for partnering with us on creating the Animal Vision Design Challenge. You can find this book (and many others) on Amazon.