-Marci Klein, MD
Have a great Idea for a monthly design challenge?
If they post your project, they send you free product. submit ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Learn more about Ayana and Ethan
- See their invention at www.3duxdesign.com
- On their kickstarter video they share their story and their mission. See how the two teens manufacture their kits and see their invention in use in the classroom.
- Praise from the community. Their architecture kits won the McGraw Hill award for Best Educational Product 2018 and the Award for ART and DESIGN at the Henry Ford STEMIE Coalition Event
- The CTNEXT entrepreneur grant. Ayana was a Women of Innovation Finalist and Ethan was a semi-finalist at the New School’s New Path Competition
Learn more about play-based learning and cardboard construction
- Boston Globe Article abut the AAP recommendations on toys.
- Room 241 — Concordia University’s College of Education blog, with posts from a diverse community of passionate people who believe education can change lives.
- Shigeru Ban, Architect of Sublime Cardboard buildings uses cardboard tubes, beer crates, containers and cloth for emergency housing on a global level https://qz.com/431520/shigeru-ban-architect-of-sublime-cardboard-buildings-creates-a-permanent-legacy/
- Greg Satell on kids, coding and communication skills https://medium.com/s/story/these-are-the-skills-your-kids-will-need-for-the-future-hint-its-not-coding-9b5d47f372f1
- Sir Ken Robinson — are schools killing creativity? https://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity?language=en
Great resources for creating more creative kids
- National Invention Convention hosted by the STEMIE Coalition and The Henry Ford
- Destination Imagination
- Odyssey of the Mind