Earth Day "Garden Guardian Challenge"
Design and build a machine to help your local animal friends transfer pollen and support our ecosystem!
Identify animal pollinators in your community and choose one for your project.
Identify plants that require animal pollinators in your region and choose one for your project.
Design and Build a machine to help your pollinator transfer pollen from one flower to another.
Create a video or brief report on your project. Be sure to include details on how your machine works!
- The rules
- Video for students
- Print drafting sheets
- Get materials
- Submit student projects
- Identify local animal pollinators in your region and choose one for your project.
- Identify plants in your region that require animals for pollination and pick one for your project.
- Design a simple machine that will help your pollinator transfer pollen from one flower to another.
- Prototype and build your model. Redesign as needed.
- Create a 30-60 second video (or photos/written content) to describe how your machine works. Be sure to include the names of your animal and plant as well as your general region
- Your facilitator (or guadian) may submit your project for a chance to be featured on the 3DuxDesign Student Showcase and a chance to win prizes!
Introduction to the project for students:
Want more 3Dux materials for all your engineering projects?
Site Plan Map
Machine Maker Kit