Cardboard to Green Gold Challenge
The perfect way to give your scrap cardboard back to Mother Earth and support your local ecosystem!
Watch the tutorial and gather your materials.
Identify native plants in your community
Make seed bombs and get creative decorating them
Give them to your friends or plant them yourself and watch the magic!
Introducing the Challenge...
- Video for students
- The challenge rules
- Get materials
- Submit student projects
The project tutorial for students:
- Collect recycled cardboard for your project
- Collect seeds. Be sure the seeds you pick will become plants that support wildlife in your area
- Gather the rest of your materials as listed in the video.
- Make your seed bombs (or seed paper).
- Plant your seed bombs or give them to friends and family members. Be sure the local climate is warm enough for planting and that the place you plant has ample sunlight!
- Make sure you water your seeds.
- Watch the magic happen! Consider taking a photo every day from the same spot to create a slide show or stop motion video.
- Create a 30-60 second video (or photos and written content) to describe how you made your seed bombs and what they look like while growing.
- Your facilitator (or guardian) may submit your project for a chance to be featured on the 3DuxDesign Student Showcase and win prizes!