Experiment with Light and Shadows with your Furry Friend the Groundhog
to Celebrate his Special Day
Watch the videos to learn about groundhogs, light and shadows
Gather your craft supplies.
Design your experiment.
Test your and record your data.
Take photos and share to be featured.
- cardboard and connectors (or tape/glue)
- tape or glue gun
- markers or paint for decorating
- print the idea board, groundhog and ruler
- optional - translucent materials
Watch the video...
All about groundhogs and their special day:
Learn about light and shadows:
Optional opaque, transparent and translucent:
Get Ready for your Experiment
- Use your 3DuxDesign cardboard and connectors (or up-cycled shapes and tape or glue) to create a wintery scene diorama for your groundhog. Be sure to leave an area open on the front and top to shine your light from different angles.
Need materials for this project?
To be featured, please submit high quality photos, detailed description of your project and/or a link to your own youtube video. If you have a great idea for a lesson and want to be a guest host, let us know.