Learn about Yurts
Start by learning about the ancient Mongolian nomads and their culture
One architect's inspiration
This may not be nomadic but it draws from the spirit of Mongolian tribes.
Ideate and create
Think about your own lifestyle and culture. Design your version of a yurt
Peter Van Geldern, architect and communications professor, University of Bridgeport
The Mongolian Yurt
An Architect's inspiration
How to submit
1. must include at least 5 square photos* including photos of sketches, brainstorming list, WIP, final project
2. written description or drawings
3. video presentation with link to youtube or vimeo content- (signed release)
* any photo with child needs signed release
5. share your post on Facebook and/or instagram with tags @3duxdesign and @billionboxproject @3duxuniversity
Get course materials
Connor, age 7 decided to focus on minimizing our carbon footprint and sustainable housing options
Sam, age 6 felt that the entire space should be one giant garage because his family likes to travel a lot.
Sarah, age 8 wanted to be certain that Fluffy the Dog had a place to sleep, eat and drink.